How Will Geofencing In Lima Work With A Security System?
The latest home security installations are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, it doesn't take much to fail to do simple security tasks like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Lima, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Lima For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your property, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to share information with each other. The technology assists your home security by putting all elements onto the same network. You can draw a virtual “fence” around your property and assign particular actions when you move beyond the boundary.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your property, you may program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your property’s security system in Lima. With the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your security camera notices strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Have your lighting turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Lima
Whether you seek extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our representatives today at (419) 359-8743 or send in the form below to start designing your optimal security system.