Security cameras can solely be installed as a deterrent—a sign that notifies criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras are outfitted with an array of additions all built to enable comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detection, these features help you to get the most from home security cameras in Lima.
How To Set Up Your Lima Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your home security cameras on the ideal locations around your home is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots like the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to install a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, front and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that are less vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your visitors needs to be a chief concern before installing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Lima. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant alerts on your smart device whenever unusual movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to start recording when movements are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: The majority of current security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone with the camera. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more complete view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up video of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and overlook animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Lima is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (419) 359-8743 or fill out the form below to get started building your home security system today.